Gina Lisignoli, Ph.D., (gender: female, date of birth: 02/03/1964) (IOR Scientific Responsible) is senior researcher at IOR and head of the Research Unit: “Physiopathology and bone tissue regeneration” in the Laboratory of Immunoreumatology and Tissue Regeneration. She was tutor of 18 PhD students and supervised their theses on the two main topics of the Lab, namely regenerative medicine and immune-rheumatology. She carried out innovative research in the field of osteoarthritis treatment and regeneration collaborating with experts in other disciplines (engineers, physicists, biotechnologists, etc.). She is co-author of more than 100 scientific publications (95 on ISI journals) and 9 book chapters. She is reviewer of more than 30 scientific international journals and of 10 international grants. She is also inventor of 2 patents. She has a H-index of 30 and a total of 2496 citations according to the Scopus source. Since 2002 she has worked with different national and international companies that granted scientific projects for a total amount of ~400 k€. She has established national and international collaborations thanks to the following funded projects:
- Italian Ministry of Health project: “Biological and genetic markers of osteoarthritis severity”. Started in May 2001. Duration: 2 years. Funding: 108 k€. Role: Responsible of Operative Unit.
- Italian Ministry of Health project: “Use of stem cells in tissue engineering for the prevention of cartilage damages”. Started in March 2005. Duration: 2 years. Funding: 68 k€. Role: Responsible of Operative Unit.
- Region Emilia Romagna-University Bologna project: “Regenerative medicine in osteo-articular diseases”. Started in April 2013. Duration: 3 years. Funding: 103 k€. Role: WP Principal Investigator.
- 2014-2018. European H2020 project: “Clinical trial of autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (ASC) in the treatment of mild to moderate osteoarthritis” ADIPOA2 (n. 643809). Started in January 2015. Duration: 4 years. Funding: 360 k€. Role: WP4 leader.
- National project of the Ministry of Foreign Affair. Executive Programme for Scientific and Technological Cooperation Between the Italian Republic and Republic of India: “Development of 3D Bioprinted Osteochondral Tissue” Project code IN17O03. Started in January 2017. Duration: 3 years. Grant for researchers exchange. Italian Coordinator.